Enrollment for Fall of 2021 is opened!
This course utilizes mindfulness practices and the framework of The Right Use of Power (TM) to bring the practice of Nonviolent Communication into an ever-evolving anti-oppression attuned lens. The course provides training that deepens self-connection and offers practical, powerful tools for engaging in difficult conversations. Participants in the course will learn how to begin to relate to their own power with conscious responsibility, through providing a framework for understanding the intersectionality of power, identity, and systemic oppression. This course is named as it is because it intends to draw out the warriorship of skillful action which is steeped in compassion and wisdom, supported by power-consciousness, collective wisdom, and collective care formed in Beloved Community. It is currently hosted by Naropa University but is open to all.
Class meets on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30pm beginning on 9/7/21, ending on 12/14/21. See full schedule here. For required texts, click “materials” tab above.
Course Tuition: $350. This fee covers 24 hours of class time and instruction, 3 (optional) monthly practice groups, 2 (optional) 45-minute one-on-one consults with the instructor, and unlimited access to all additional content and readings beyond the required texts. Required texts are not included in course tuition (see course materials).
Things to Know Before Registering
Most importantly. This work is for you. This work is for all of us. Ask questions. Take notes. Make requests. Get all you can from it!
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, 3rd Ed. by Marshall B. Rosenberg
- $3-$19 from publisher or amazon (audiobook, print, and e-book available)
- Available at the Naropa Library in print and as a pdf
- We Will Not Cancel Us and Other Dreams of Transformative Justice by Adrienne Maree Brown
- $5-$10 from publisher or amazon (audiobook, print, and e-book available)
- Available at the Naropa Library in print