Counseling & Coaching
Therapy and coaching for individual adults and people in intimate relationships.
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the challenges of life or the friction in your relationships and you are in need of compassionate support, know that you are not alone. I would be honored to support you in finding your way back home to connection with yourself, with your close ones, and to your inherent belonging.
Some reasons to reach out to Ki:
- To develop self-connection and self-awareness
- To cultivate self-acceptance and self-compassion
- To learn how to communicate clearly with others about your inner experience
- To learn how to listen underneath others stories to connect with feelings and needs
- To cultivate capacity for managing difficult emotions
- To build capacity for working with conflict in relationships
- To learn to navigate power dynamics with responsibility and vulnerability
- To find your way home to your inherent belonging
- For support in navigating the world and relationships while holding LGTBQIA+ identities
- For support in navigating polyamorous and consciously non-monogamous relationships
- Contemplative Psychotherapy
- The Right Use of PowerTM
- Nonviolent Communication
- Internal Family Systems
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Initial consultation is free. Standard fees after initial consult are offered at a sliding scale: $110-$160 per 50 minute individual counseling or coaching session, and $150-$210 per 90 minute 2-person relational session.
Belonging is, in fact, the natural state of being, laid plain by the truth of interdependence. Human beings naturally come to know their belonging through living in direct relationship with the earth and each other. However, the delusion of separation has become pervasive in modern times because most of us are so cut-off from the rhythms of the earth and from one another that there is a deep forgetting of the true interdependent nature of being. This forgetting of our innate belonging is a profound trauma, which is mirrored in the individual internal landscape: the delusion of separation from the earth and from all life has led to an inner fragmentation and separation from the self. As a result, many of us in the modern world unconsciously move through our lives operating from the most defended, fearful parts of ourselves, while exiling our most tender, vulnerable parts, to the basement of the psyche. We move through life, unconsciously fragmented and at war with ourselves, in great suffering. This has a high cost not only for our own well-being and peace, but in all aspects of our relational lives. This ripple effect is rooted in the basic truth of interdependence: that what occurs at the intrapersonal level is mirrored at the interpersonal and collective levels. When we are fragmented and at war with ourselves within, so too is there fragmentation, suffering, and conflict within our most intimate relationships, our families, our workplaces, and our communities. For healing to happen, we each must first become aware of this fragmentation, and then cultivate the capacity to hold all of our parts with compassion, acceptance, and trust in their inherent interdependent belonging. As we learn to come home to ourselves in this way, we also naturally begin to have more grace for others and trust in their goodness, as we begin to deepen trust in the goodness of ourselves. This is why individual healing work truly is work that can support healing within our entire relational sphere–it is a path to collective liberation.